The Service Technician is responsible for performing repairs, touch-ups, warranty items, and completion work required in the field while also relaying information about site conditions, parts required and providing accurate reasons regarding why work was needed to the Service Coordinators in the office.
The Service Technician will work in a fast-paced semi-casual environment and play a critical role in ensuring customer satisfaction by actively engaging the Service Coordinators, Site Superintendents and Homeowners in a wide range of customer service scenarios while adhering to quality control standards, jobsite safety and making sure building codes are followed.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Cabinetmaking or 5 years equivalent field experience
- Valid driving license – class 5, clean driving abstract
- Detailed understanding of customer service
- Thorough knowledge of the standard methods, equipment, materials, tools and practices of the cabinet making trade
- Ability to learn quickly, think logically and understand abstract relationships
- Interest in keeping up with ever-changing technology
- Ability to perform math; read technical information, analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions
- Flexibility is required to work with others and operate equipment using a variety of processes
- Ability to work with a wide diversity of individuals
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand on feet for 8 hours
- Steel toe boots and glasses / goggles are required
Gem Cabinets, firstname.lastname@example.org