Gem Cabinets is a locally owned and operated residential cabinet supplier. Gem has grown into one of the largest cabinet companies in Edmonton over the last 41 years and has built its reputation on its commitment to having good quality products at a fair price. We are a company that values our employees and is dedicated to providing a respectful, positive and supportive environment.
Does working in a professional, fast-paced but casual environment that is dictated by deadlines appeal to you? We are currently looking for a detail-oriented Full Time Office Manager who has the strong ability to multi-task, possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills to lead, manage and provide support to the administrative team. This individual must have management experience and be proficient in accounting. Experience with Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics is considered an asset.
Duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage, coach and provide good leadership to the team
- Manage the administrative processes by ensuring all workloads are covered, distributed evenly, and work is assigned to a qualified administrative professional
- Processing and tracking all money collected
- Weekly cheque runs
- Preparing various reports and analysis
- Assist Controller as required
- Updating and reconciling all orders
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- 3+ years of management (Preferred)
- Completion of a post-secondary program focused on accounting or a minimum 2 years’ relevant accounting experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Perform consistently under pressure and handle stress professionally while managing a team and meeting deadlines with efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership, and customer service skills
- Successfully developed and demonstrated coaching/counseling ability
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours and weekends if required
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Management (3+ Years preferred) and Accounting
Company sponsored Health Spending Account
Regular Social Events
Closed over the Christmas breakTo apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Gem Cabinets, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Service Technician is responsible for performing repairs, touch-ups, warranty items, and completion work required in the field while also relaying information about site conditions, parts required and providing accurate reasons regarding why work was needed to the Service Coordinators in the office.
The Service Technician will work in a fast-paced semi-casual environment and play a critical role in ensuring customer satisfaction by actively engaging the Service Coordinators, Site Superintendents and Homeowners in a wide range of customer service scenarios while adhering to quality control standards, job site safety and making sure building codes are followed.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Cabinetmaking or 5 years equivalent field experience
- Valid driving license – class 5, clean driving abstract
- Detailed understanding of customer service
- Thorough knowledge of the standard methods, equipment, materials, tools and practices of the cabinet making trade
- Ability to learn quickly, think logically and understand abstract relationships
- Interest in keeping up with ever-changing technology
- Ability to perform math; read technical information, analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions
- Flexibility is required to work with others and operate equipment using a variety of processes
- Ability to work with a wide diversity of individuals
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand on feet for 8 hours
- Steel toe boots and glasses / goggles are required
Gem Cabinets, email@example.com