Full-time or Contractor, Monday
Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Gem Cabinets Ltd., a locally owned and operated family business, has been making homes beautiful with custom cabinetry for over 40 years. We are a leader in the cabinet industry in Edmonton. Being independently owned and operated means we are very nimble and fluid.
Gem Cabinets Ltd. is looking for a Service Technician to join our team. You will be working in a positive atmosphere and working with a hard-working team to achieve success. We are a family business with integrity, values, and morals that operates with a team that cares for one another and we work hard to pursue growth.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in the fundamentals of kitchen cabinet installation, customer service and thrive in a fast-pace environment. Candidate is required to supply their own tools.
The Service Technician is responsible for performing repairs, touch-ups, warranty items, and completion work required in the field while also relaying information about site conditions, parts required and providing accurate reasons regarding why work was needed to the Service Coordinators in the office.
The Service Technician will work in a fast-paced semi-casual environment and play a critical role in ensuring customer satisfaction by actively engaging the Service Coordinators, Site Superintendents and Homeowners in a wide range of customer service scenarios while adhering to quality control standards, jobsite safety and making sure building codes are followed.
- Arrive at and complete daily appointment items scheduled by the Service Coordinator in a timely manner
- Complete hazard assessment forms for every site appointment as required under the company safety policy
- Perform any repairs, touch-ups, warranty items, completion work or maintenance as noted
- Troubleshoot, identify and make clear notes regarding anything still to be completed and fill out stats with times for each reason
- Report to the Service Coordinator the status of each project on a daily basis and provide updates
- Maintain accurate records and paperwork on a daily basis
- Ensure adequate parts and inventory are present in the vehicle for all jobs to be completed
- Communicate with the Service Coordinators, Site Superintendents, and Homeowners to develop and maintain effective rapport and exceptional customer service
- Attend monthly safety meetings lead by the Service Manager
- Ensure company vehicle, tools, supplies and other materials are maintained as needed
- Adhere to the dress code appropriate to each job site and conditions
- Assist fellow Service Technicians and/or Installation Sub-Contractors with duties as needed
Knowledge and skills required:
- Cabinetmaking or 5 years equivalent field experience
- Valid driving license – class 5, clean driving abstract
- Detailed understanding of customer service
- Thorough knowledge of the standard methods, equipment, materials, tools and practices of the cabinet making trade
- Ability to learn quickly, think logically
- Ability to perform math; read technical information, analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand on feet for 8 hours
- Steel toe boots and glasses / goggles are required
- Physical/Environmental requirements: driving, walking, standing, lifting, bending, kneeling
- Strong project management skills
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Must be able to function with interruptions and deadlines
- Perform consistently under pressure and handle pressure/disappointment professionally
- Must speak and understand English
Gem Cabinets, email@example.com
Gem Cabinets, a locally owned and operated family business, has been making homes beautiful with custom cabinetry for over 40 years. We are a leader in the cabinet industry in Edmonton.
Gem Cabinets is looking for an experienced Design Consultant to join our highly skilled team of designers to create amazing kitchens and bathrooms. As a designer for our company, you must be able to assist clients in making product/material selections with options suited to their requirements in relation to space, functionality, or budget. The successful candidate is responsible for managing the relationship with the customer by providing exceptional customer service while also driving sales and organizing the design, pricing, measuring, ordering, collection and follow up for each of their orders for the duration of the project cycle.
The Design Consultant will work in a fast paced professional environment and play a critical role in ensuring customer satisfaction by building and maintaining relationships with clients, promoting and selling products offered by Gem Cabinets, actively engaging staff in all departments to ensure their client’s needs are met and representing the company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Cabinet design designation or equivalent industry experience
- 3 – 5 years of sales and design experience in the cabinet industry
- Design and price orders from blueprints or client measurements while providing advice on functionality and value
- Perform site measures to ensure the design will fit correctly in the space provided
- Proficient in the use of 2020
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously utilizing time management and prioritization skills to meet deadlines
- Must be focused and attentive to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, project management skills along with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Possess a valid Class 5 drivers license and personal vehicle
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Salary and Commission Based
- Health spending account
- Life Insurance and LTD
Ryan Stykalo , firstname.lastname@example.org